Thursday, July 25, 2013

Popping by to say hello + something i made

Mmm.. I really must get better at updating often.

Good news: my mother is going to teach me how to sew! I've yet to find time (haha?) to actually go to her house and learn, but it's in the plans for this month. I also finally got my library card. I picked up Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. He's my favorite author, but I just never got around to reading this one somehow. I'll let you know my feelings when I'm done with it.

It's also stopped raining every moment of every day in North Carolina, so I got to do a little sunbathing. I'm still pale as a ghost, but I think my body needed the sunlight. I've also been doing some group classes at the gym. Have you ever tried Bodypump?? Holy cow, my glutes are still sore two days later. One of the instructors that I loved in high school saw me leaving, and recognized me! He's approximately 95 and the buffest man I've ever seen. Might be an exaggeration, but I'm taking one of his classes tomorrow and I'm scared.

I've slowed down on some of my projects, and I've been watching more Netflix these past few days. Here's a quick and easy project I did a few weeks ago.


It's an easy peasy sticky note calendar! It was slightly time consuming, because I cut my sticky notes to fit the nice paper I had. It's purple and mint green, and I used a silver sharpie. I think it's cute for a calendar! At the very least, it occupied some time. I think it's self-explanatory, but if you need to know how I made it, feel free to ask. 

To end this post, here's some inspiration I found on the super-inspiring The Militant Baker website. 

(As far as I can tell, this is her personal image. I don't claim to have taken this photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment